ARSOME Technology is a Connecticut based software development company specializing in immersive technology and strategic partnerships. The Founders, David and Benjamin met at Eastern Connecticut State University and started the company in 2016. At the time David, was Benjamin’s Information Systems Professor and Benjamin was a senior at the university. Since its birth, ARSOME Technology has launched successful products.
My role: Graphic & UX/UI Designer
Challenge: Working within a small team means that you work long hours and take on tasks that might fall outside your original remit. Startups must capitalise on trends quickly, and early growth is vital. I worked vigilantly to make this happen. One of the challenges that I highlight was the fact that the learning curve was a pretty steep but the varied experience that I gained working for Arsome was so valuable. Founders and employees worked together, so I learnt from the best.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create visual designs and assets from wireframes and branding guides
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems
- Create UI to implement attractive designs
- Establish the look and feel for various interfaces, including websites, mobile devices, apps, games, etc.
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touch points
- Design user-centered interaction models, wireframes or screen mockups
- Create and organize production assets and component library
- Work on email marketing items and presentation materials
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines
"Animal Heroes" in partnership with Mystic Aquarium
I was working on and creating
- 1000+ graphics and illustrations
- 200+ GUI elements
- 200+ pages of storyboards and presentations
- 20+ sprite sheets for the avatar system and the games
- countless hours of research and execution
- 6 catalogs 20 pages each for the web and print, other materials for the printing production
- 2 websites: Animal Heroes for kids & Parental/Administrator Portal
- 1 mobile app available on the tablets and phones
- packaging design from the sketch to production
- marketing materials
- CSS email templates and help with the front-end development
- QA testing, documenting issues and finding a solution
- product management
Creating and customizing your own avatar
The avatar system has a lot of different options to play with. Selecting the avatar allows children to be very creative. Based on our surveys, around 30% of the kids selected this component of the program as the best one. I was designing a “new line in fashion” for kids making it fun and joyful. Children can choose a look between a profesional skydiver, biologist, fire fighter, deep diver, doctor, nurse, etc. Perhaps, they want to be a super hero or an animal from the module… it gives them a variaty of selection to do that.
News and Articles
Pfizer Augmented Tour
Pfizer Inc is an American multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology corporation. We were designing and developing the app for Pfizer employees who are interested in learning more about their campus in Groton, CT. Groton colleagues are leading the way in drug development, providing vital information, tools, technologies, data, drug targets, and compounds to scientists around the globe, at every level of drug discovery and development, and across all of Pfizer’s therapeutic areas.
Zipprd EdTech Marketplace
Zipprd is named for the powerful and ubiquitous fastener to highlight the goal of building collaborations between educators and entrepreneurs, creating extraordinary education technology for students everywhere.